Remove bad odours from your Mattress with these Tips
Does your bed stink? Have you ever disinfected your mattress? If you notice unpleasant smells, use these tricks. Your mattress will smell like new! And beneficial of all is that you can easily make these remedies and that they do not contain harmful chemicals.
You can remove unpleasant odours from your mattress. To do this, you do not have to use perfumes or expensive products. Some solutions are also available on the market. The best choice, however, is the tricks to clean where you combine natural ingredients.
These alternatives are reasonably cheap and do not harm the environment. Also, they have disinfectant and antifungal properties. Thanks to these characteristics, they help to put an end to house dust mites, moulds and other microorganisms that make your mattress smell.
If you regularly apply these remedies, you can keep the surface of your mattress spotless and free of allergens. They also remove, among other things, those ugly spots that form as a result of the absorption of perspiration and dead skin cells.
Try these remedies on your mattress today!
Remove odours from your mattress with these remedies
Baking soda is a stand out amongst natural fixing with which you can remove unpleasant odours from your mattress. One of its properties is that it works as a deodorant. This means that it neutralizes unpleasant odors caused by mold and body fluids.
It also works as a natural cleanser. Baking salt makes it easier to remove stains or unexpectedly spilt liquids. At the same time, this agent protects the material of the mattress so that it prolongs its life.
In this case, we will reinforce its properties with hydrogen peroxide and enable deeper cleaning.
- 1/4 cup of baking soda (50 g)
- 1 cup 3% hydrogen peroxide (250 ml)
- 2 drops of liquid soap
- Put the baking soda in a bucket. Then add the hydrogen peroxide.
- Mix well and then add the drops of liquid soap.
- Make sure you get an excellent mixed product and store the mixture in an atomiser.
- How do you use this medicine?
- Shake the product before use. Then spray it on the mattress.
- Let it work in for a few hours until it is entirely waterproof.
- If possible, put the mattress in the fresh air.
- Once the mattress is dry, you polish the surface with a brush to remove all residues of the baking soda.
- Repeat at least once a month.
White vinegar does not have a pleasant smell. However, it is one of the best home remedies that allow you to remove unpleasant odours from your mattress.
Moreover, it is also a solution for allergies. It makes an end to dust mites and bacteria that live on the surface of mattresses.
However, you must use it with moderation. The mattress is not intended to become damp.
If you want a more pleasant smell, you can combine the white vinegar with essential oil of lavender or lemon.
- 1/2 cup white vinegar (125 ml)
- 1 cup of warm water (250 ml)
- 10 drops of required oil of your choice
- Dissolve the vinegar in a cup of hot liquid.
- Then add the required oil and pour the mixture into an atomiser.
- How do you use this medicine?
- Spray the mixture on the mattress and let it air dry.
- Use it every time you notice an annoying smell.
Note: This remedy does not remove stains. So if you want to clean your mattress thoroughly, you have to supplement it with other solutions.
Baking salt and lavender oil
Essential lavender oil is a natural air freshener. It can cover up unwanted odours. This is also the reason that it can take away that musty smell from your mattress. You must mix the lavender oil with baking soda.
With this mixture, you can disinfect the mattress and also put an end to dust mites.
- 1 cup of baking soda (200 g)
- 20 drops of lavender oil
- Pour the baking soda into a bowl.
- Then add the lavender oil and mix well.
- If the paste is still damp, let it dry for a few minutes.
How do you use this medicine?
Spread the product over the mattress. Then let it work for 10 minutes. Then you polish it with a brush. Finally, you remove the remains of the baking soda (preferably with a vacuum cleaner). Do this once a month.